Stressed, are you? I carry all of your stress and your worries. Even when you say nothing to me I worried. I never let you feel it alone. You never had to tell me what was wrong, seeing it in your face was enough to make me worry.
You never saw me there in the house with you. You think that you do and you assume that I was miserable. I was happy. I was quiet to give you space. I was being understanding. How selfish would I have been if I had ignored what you were going through and simply jumped on your lap joking around. It would work now and then, but often it wouldn't. You were just too far lost in thoughts and in your own mind. You have no idea how much I wanted to help carry the burden of us. I thought that we were doing all of this for our future when in turn it was all for you. I turned out to be an inconvenient in your plan. I was that pesky little dot in your perfect check list.
Why didn't you show me your check list in the beginning of us living together. I would have know ahead of time if I didn't make the list. Why spring it out of the blue now? Why wait until after you had talked about us getting engaged. Why now? After everything? Why now tell me that I am not good enough. Why make me feel unworthy now after I have dedicated my life to us. Why now have you decided that life was too hard for you. Didn't you know that already. It's situations like these that makes life worth while. If we can work through it then we have made it. But, you gave up on us, all because we hit a bump or "pause" as you said. Fine then, lets start over.
No comments:
Post a Comment